“OUR has made it possible for these young ladies to fulfill their life long dreams of a college degree.” . . . Paul Gomez, Scholarship Chair
“Thanks to AAUW, this scholarship will help me achieve and reach my educational goals so that I can give back to my community when I graduate.” . . . LaQuita Hurns, 2022 Recipient
“I’m extremely fortunate to attend Cal Poly Pomona and pursue my dream in Landscape Architecture –creating spaces that can better the lives of others. –Thank you, O.U.R. AAUW!” . . . Madison Kimmel 2023 Recipient
Since 1955 the American Association of University women (AAUW) has promoted equity for all women and girls, lifelong education, and positive societal change.
The Ontario-Upland-Rancho Cucamonga Branch awards the Barbara Hughbanks-Beverly Brennan Memorial Scholarship of $1,000 to successful applicants, who meet all the following requirements:
A 3.5 cumulative GPA or Greater. Please verify this requirement before submitting your application. Applications will not be accepted if this first requirement is not met.
A female student graduating from Chaffey Community College District.
Eligible for Junior status at the receiving institution, Fall 2023.
Seeking a degree at an accredited four (4) year college.
Transferring to that institution, Fall 2023, as a full-time student.
Scholarships are awarded to a qualifying student in the amount of $1,000 at the beginning of her junior year after enrollment in the four-year college and upon verification that all requirements set by the Scholarship Committee have been met. Please note that the number of scholarships awarded is dependent upon available funds and selection by the Scholarship Committee.
- December 2023: Applications will be available December 1 online at https://our- aauw.net/scholarship/
- March 8, 2024. Application must be submitted and received before 12 Midnight, Friday, March 8, No exceptions.
- March 10, 2024. Applicant will be contacted by email shortly thereafter regarding application. Successful applicants will be invited to participate in an interview conducted by the AAUW Scholarship Committee that will make the final determination of scholarship.
- April 1, 2024: Notification to recipients of Award and Invitation to OUR AAUW Scholarship fundraiser.
- April 13, 2024: Scholarship Winetasting Fundraiser Event: Chaffey Community Museum of Art, Saturday 4:30—7:00 p.m.
- May 2024. Scholarship Awardees will be invited to the annual Scholarship Tea, hosted by the membership, and asked to present a short speech highlighting their scholarship plans including college decisions for continued education.
Please note: Contact information must be fully completed in the application.