Since 1955 the American Association of University women (AAUW) has promoted equity for all women and girls, lifelong education, and positive societal change.
The Ontario-Upland-Rancho Cucamonga Branch awards the Barbara Hughbanks-Beverly Brennan Memorial Scholarship of $1,000 to successful applicants, who meet all the following requirements:
- A female student graduating from Chaffey Community College District.
- A 3.5 cumulative GPA or Greater.
- Eligible for Junior status at the receiving institution, Fall 2022.
- Seeking a degree at an accredited four (4) year college.
- Transferring to that institution, Fall 2022, as a full-time student.
- Financial Need.
Scholarships are awarded to a qualifying student in the amount of $1,000 at the beginning of her junior year after enrollment in the four-year college and upon verification that all requirements set by the Scholarship Committee have been met. Please note that the number of scholarships awarded is dependent upon available funds and selection by the Scholarship Committee.
- January 2022. Applications will be available January 2022 online at https://our- aauw.net/scholarship/
- March 31, 2022. Application must be submitted and received before 12 Midnight, March 31, No exceptions.
- April 2022. Applicant will be contacted by email shortly thereafter regarding application. Successful applicants will be invited to participate in an interview conducted by the AAUW Scholarship Committee that will make the final determination of scholarship.
- May 2022. Scholarship Awardees will be invited to the annual Scholarship Tea, presented to the membership and asked to present a short speech highlighting their scholarship plans including college decisions for continued education.